Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bittersweet

Last day of school = last day of programming.
So my co-worker and I decided that this last week we are going to live it up, in terms of snack for the kids. They always have something to say about snack whether it is positive or negative (mostly negative). Just because it is never what everyone likes, or mostly what everyone doesn't like.
And because so many people will be coming and going for the last week, we just thought hey, just go all out not just for the last day, but for the last week.

For the past 2 days we had of programming, the kids had:
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Chicken Fingers
- Mac & Cheese
- Popcorn
- Chips (2 flavours)
- Yogurt
- Graham Crackers
- Marshmallows
- Freezies
-  Juice
Plus a movie today~!

Man did I miss anything? I mean I think even in the last two weeks there were some really great buffet style snacks that were worthy of being called dinner!
Although some kids may not fully appreciate the extent of how fortunate and rich they are when it comes to having all this food, I personally was very happy being able to provide it for them. Hopefully they will appreciate it some day.

Love those kids.

1 comment: